About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Words That Can Haunt Me, Part 1: Legacy

I'm sure I'm not alone on the bell curve in saying some words occasionally haunt me. As I began falling asleep last night (probably because I initiated this blog earlier that day), legacy was that word.

Partly due to a tendency to be too introspective, the mark I will leave on this world has always had some importance to me. Not suprisingly, it's become more important as I've gotten older. I realize having a child is one way to ensure some legacy and I'm grateful beyond measure for my daughter. And, on most days, that is legacy enough. But how about the days when it's not enough? When you've been haunted by this word, how did you get through it?

I want to get better at this by connecting with and hearing from others. I know there are self-help books outlining many useful strategies for this. I'd instead like the help of others, like me, on the bell curve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment