About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Recipe For More Melting

What is it about young children that invariably makes me melt? And what prevents me from being similarly disarmed by adults?

Although I'm generally an upbeat person, it occurred to me soon after I had one of those melting moments yesterday perhaps I've become a bit closed to adults. I realize having had more difficult experiences with adults in my life than I have with children is a contributing factor. But at what point do those difficult experiences create a reinforcing loop? Becoming as open to adults as I am to young children can only yield benefits, don't you think?

For now, I'm content being aware of my discovery vs. establishing any goal related to it. But I am curious to know how much of yourself you see in this. The next time you melt interacting with or even just watching a young child, pay attention to that unguarded, open feeling. Wouldn't it be great to feel that way more often?

1 comment:

  1. melting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4GZFbCqx18

    ReplyDelete