About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, November 2, 2012

This Moment

We survive until we don't. We cope until we can't. In between, events like Hurricane Sandy happen.

Although I escaped unscathed, this felt up close and personal. Yesterday I was grateful; today I'm confused. If the past is predictive, in the coming tomorrows I will send money, feel hopeless, forget the suffering others are experiencing, feel guilty, go to sleep when these thoughts fill my head, get up again.

The images of devastation horrify me while in the same moment I look at them, my life goes on. I think about how silly and self-centered blogging is but this moment, until I do more, this is what I'm doing because it's what I do. I hope my meager words mean something, anything to someone, anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment