About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Monday, January 14, 2013

Everyday Inspiration

What are your most reliable sources of everyday inspiration?

It's easy to get roped into the notion that inspiration is somehow reserved for artists. I've heard more than one claim made by someone in the public eye about "larger than life" inspirations. Mine are invariably less grandiose.

* I'm inspired looking at my books.

* I'm inspired when someone I know uses a fitting metaphor.

* I'm inspired when a guitar student has a learning breakthrough.

My life is not real glamorous; sometimes that makes me low. But inspiration is around me all the time; it's up to me to make something out of the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment