About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sour Grapes

How do I become a nepot?

Every time I learn the young adult offspring or close relative of some celebrity has landed another plum role in a play, TV show or film, that question pops up unbidden. I realize nepotism has been around as long as the world's oldest profession and life is not fair. The title of this post is not meant to be ironic.

I guess perspective is in short supply for me when it comes to my daughter's life. If she reads this particular post, she might be unhappy with me. And she is resilient, determined, and reminds me regularly acting is her chosen field; no one coerced her. But I ask sincerely: What parent in my situation wouldn't be looking for the nepot application?

If anyone has any ideas for me, rest assured - there is very little I wouldn't consider. I'll take responses via comments here, e-mail or snail mail, phone calls, Pony Express, smoke signals, unannounced visits, etc.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment