About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Grade (So Far): Resilience

Resilience: Ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity or the like; buoyancy.

How would you grade yourself so far on this attribute? In this dictionary definition, the word "readily" gives me a little pause. And I've been fortunate in escaping serious illness in my life, so I'm unable to say how well I'd do recovering in those circumstances. 

My ability to recover (readily) from depression and adversity? Been a while since I've faced any significant degree of either but so far, I'd give myself a "B" or maybe a "B-" for my resilience under those conditions. How about you? How quickly do you bounce back?

Bottom line: My resilience is probably over due for a test. I'm holding onto my "B/B-" and hoping my skills haven't dulled from lack of use.           

No comments:

Post a Comment