About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, March 13, 2015

My Grade (So Far): Reliability

reliability: the quality of being able to be relied on; trustworthiness.

Upon initially reading the dictionary definition of reliability, and then recalling my "A" last month ( for thrift), I thought I might be headed for two straight "A's" - a first since this series began. But my honor roll hopes were dashed as my eye drifted to the listed synonyms - authenticity, consistency. Whoa.

In my view, being authentic is a noble aspiration and an endless road. There goes my "A" for reliability. Coupled with some periodic inconsistency, I'll take a "B" so far on this attribute, continue being as reliable and trustworthy as people tell me I am, and remain on the road. In other words, still plenty of work to do. How would you grade yourself on reliability so far?

I wanted that "A" but circling back to the consistency component, I do take some solace in the wise words of Walt Whitman: "Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large; I contain multitudes."

No comments:

Post a Comment