About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Not All Habits Are Created Equal

If you're anything like me, you've got at least a few habits you've had some trouble fully shaking loose. Let's turn that around today, shall we? Which of your habits makes you really happy?

For over thirty years I've spent part of nearly every Saturday and Sunday reading the New York Times. There may be a better newspaper to keep me informed but I haven't discovered it. I'm aware some people put the Times into the  "liberal media" bucket. And though I don't wholly disagree, op-ed columnist Ross Douthat and some of his right-of-center colleagues - all regular Times contributors - might not appreciate being lumped into that category. Anyway, politics are beside the point.

Which newspaper has equivalent book reviews? Travel section? Sports? Arts & leisure? Though the Wall Street Journal arguably trumps the Times financial section, business is the Journal's mission after all. Finally, what newspaper magazine comes close to the one in the Times?

I'm still working on the swearing and the sweets. My Saturday and Sunday NY Times habit? Here to stay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment