About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Of Key Chains & Doodads

I can't remember the last time my key chain had just two keys. Having such an uncomplicated life makes me happy. One house key, one car key but no office, desk or filing cabinet keys. And nothing else in my world I ever have to remember to secure. I'm aiming to have my next car be one of those requiring no key. When that happens, unless I decide to lock the house when leaving, a key chain will be unnecessary. If my wife locks me out - unintentionally - I'll grab the key we hide outdoors.

Now like many of you, I have several doodads attached to my key chain that get swiped at the gym, supermarket, etc. But as long as I still have a phone number helping folks in those settings to identify me, a key chain-less Pat can also be doodad-free. Nice. How about that tiny flashlight lots of folks keep on their key chain for use in emergencies? Come on, does yours ever have fresh batteries? What thingamajigs are on your key chain that you'd have trouble parting with? Nail clippers? Itty bitty screwdriver for adjusting that teensy weensy screw on your eyeglasses? Bottle opener?

I'm ready to shed all this hardware and enter the brave new world. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment