About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Grade (So Far): Determination

Determination: The act of coming to a decision or of fixing or setting a purpose.

Based on the definition above, I'm comfortable saying I deserve a B+ for determination at this point in my life. How would you grade yourself currently on this attribute?

In my experience, the challenge with any strength is being careful about over-using it. My determination has sometimes led me to act impulsively, leading to a few decisions that later proved unwise. That part of the definition about fixing or setting a purpose has also had occasional downsides - seeming inflexible and forgetting to be present tense focused.

Those things aside, I'm quite happy with my determination. It's possible starting this blog was a positive by-product of that particular attribute. Since a few people have suggested I've been too harsh with my self-grades for ambition, bravery, charm, the first three attributes in this series, I'm curious to hear reactions to my self-grade here. But even more, I'm interested in the impact determination has had on your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment