About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Really?

My one word question for individuals who think it a good idea to place video screens above men's room urinals. Really?

Yesterday was my first experience with this latest example of our TV-saturated lives. Point of information: There was no on/off button. And there were three urinals; all had the screens. So, as the sports channel chattered on and a perfectly coiffed young man remained unavoidably in my line of sight, I tried to imagine the meeting when salespeople pitched this ludicrous notion to the management of this chain restaurant. What benefits would be presented? What would the potential buyers present as objections? How would the salespeople respond to the objections? Assuming a sale was not closed after the initial pitch, what would be discussed at a follow-up meeting by the decision makers? Would a company memo be circulated asking for additional input from employees? What would be the subject line of that memo?

After finishing my business, I decided to never give this restaurant future business of any sort. The possibility of being stuck in a stall sometime in the future with "Jersey Shore" playing, sound or no sound, is just too scary. It's also profoundly sad to me that the people running this restaurant chain think, on any level, that I somehow welcome having this intrusion in my world.         

    
 

2 comments:

  1. Just be grateful they didn't install a underwater camera in the potty. Butt be safe, look straight ahead while you wipe...

    ReplyDelete