About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, March 8, 2013

Wanted: Non-Therapeutic Advice

From the start, I've used Facebook selectively to promote this blog. About one out of every six posts I've written has gone up on my Facebook timeline. And though those posts often receive more views than those not using Facebook, there have been notable exceptions to that pattern. Since the number of comments I routinely get has stayed low, I remain unsure where the readers for the more widely viewed non-Facebook posts are coming from. If you're one of those people, I'd love to know how you found this blog and what I can do better to keep you reading. 

More significantly, I'm interested in knowing what people think about using social media to promote a blog. Do any of you have a Facebook friend or Linked-In contact who does this? How do you feel about them doing so? Several people have suggested I put every post I write on my Facebook timeline and similarly use my Linked-In contact list. What do you think? At what point does a blogger begin wearing out their welcome? Is a business social media site like Linked-In appropriate for a blog like mine which rarely touches on business matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment