About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Three Dogs, Thirty Seven Years, One Day

"Well I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma".

Letting airfare sticker shock interfere with accompanying my wife on a business trip to Barcelona this past week qualifies as 2015's most bone-headed decision. For the past six days, that lyric above - from a hit by Three Dog Night - has been playing on a loop in my head. Yes to Oklahoma and no to Barcelona? What a bozo.

Aside from missing out on a universally raved-about city, being tight about the $$$ also meant my wife and I spent the 37th anniversary of our first date separated by an ocean. And to top it off, despite arranging for overseas service, her cell phone hasn't worked, restricting us to text messages. This might be the longest period of time where I haven't heard her voice in 37 years and a day. What was I thinking?

This won't happen again. Any of her future business trips to places I haven't seen, I'm going. A little Three Dog Night goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment