About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Friday, April 10, 2015

Ward & June - NOT!

Not long ago my wife and I were invited to spend a weekend with a couple who'd previously had limited exposure to us. Because we wanted to make a favorable impression, our decided-upon strategy was to pretend we were Ward and June Cleaver during our extended interaction with these people.

In our post-weekend debrief, we agreed Ward and June did pretty well. But ever since our performance concluded I've been reflecting. Under normal circumstances, which fictional couple do we most accurately resemble? How about you? Which fictional couple most closely approximates the dynamic or tone of your longest lasting relationship?

* From the stage - Romeo & Juliet (if they'd made it past adolescence)? George and Martha from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" Stanley and STELLA?
* From film or literature - Nick & Nora Charles? Scarlett & Rhett? Elizabeth Bennett & Mr. Darcy?
* From TV - Lucy & Desi? Roseanne & Dan? Tony & Carmella Soprano?

Let your imagination roam. Is/was that relationship of yours closer to Blondie & Dagwood or Jack & Diane?  If you give me something either here or offline, I'll reveal the selection I think best represents my partnership; my wife may not agree. I recognize that until recently depictions of same sex partnerships have been limited and often stereotyped; pretend along with me anyway.

1 comment:

  1. You: Fred and Wilma Flintstone
    Us: Frank and Estelle Costanza

    ReplyDelete