About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hunger And Gratitude

When did you most recently feel really hungry?

I'm not sure what triggered it, but the last time this happened to me I found myself feeling really grateful. Driving home from teaching and realizing I'd gone without eating for about eight hours, I began thinking about stuff waiting for me in my refrigerator. And in that moment, gratitude for my good fortune filled my thoughts and superseded my hunger. Because soon, I would be home satisfying that hunger.  

In 65+ years, I can't remember ever being hungry for an extended time. You? I resolved in that moment during my drive to be grateful the next time I feel hungry at all - the feeling is not going to last long.
   

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I'm gonna do the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison; Glad this resonated with you! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete