About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bart, Beyonce & Liberace

File today's post under "S" for superficial but respond anyway, please. In your view, which single name celebrity has most earned or... not earned that distinction?

Hard as I've tried, today's question demonstrates my marginal success ignoring these people. When a patron made fun of a Cher song playing at my local coffee shop, I found myself reflecting/riffing on her single moniker and decided she needed a first name - Thyme. Or, better yet, how about an Asian last name? How does Ing sound to you, Cher?

From there it was a short, pathetic leap to Sting. New first initial? B., of course. New last name? Ray. Then onto (the) Edge from U-2, surely the most ludicrous single name any person - celebrity or not - ever adopted. Yeah, you know where I'm going with this, don't you? Cliff as a first name, Of Tomorrow as a middle and surname.

Do me a big favor, OK? Weigh in on this nonsense so I can sleep better tonight. And from here on, it's Bart to all of you. Just Bart.

No comments:

Post a Comment