About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Buddha In San Antonio

Strolling the River Walk in charming San Antonio this past week with my wife, I reflected on a tension. There are so many places I still want to see yet, time is finite. For a brief moment I abandoned the present and morbidly wondered if this might be the last time I get to enjoy San Antonio.    

If that turns out to be the case, no matter; I'm fortunate to have had this one opportunity. And my short visit to glass half-empty land aside, I was otherwise fully present and enjoyed the city immensely. In particular, the Alamo blew me away. Was my heightened appreciation and excitement - something my wife noticed and commented on - somehow connected to my earlier un-Buddha-like wondering? In other words, was my premonition about never returning to San Antonio intensifying my experience of the city? Any of this sound familiar?

If you get a chance, visit San Antonio. And try getting off the River Walk when you want to eat. Use Yelp or some other means to find good local places. Our favorite - Rosario's.

No comments:

Post a Comment