About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Progress ...

On this otherwise unexceptional day, i.e. I have few commitments, it's not a holiday or an anniversary of any kind, a provocative question came to me out of nowhere early this morning: What am I most afraid of?

Now it would probably be wise to let this too-existential-for-a-blog-post-of-a-few-paragraphs question pass. I've done exactly that several times over the last four and a half years. But as I reflect on it, today seems like as good a day as any to throw caution to the wind. Anyway, in this moment my answer is clear. I'm most afraid of passing through this world unnoticed. What are you most afraid of?

In my blog infancy, an early follower suggested I sounded depressed in these musings. I was not at all depressed then nor am I low this very moment. It's a nice day. I plan to take a walk shortly, return home and play my guitar, read. And what I'm feeling right now is less afraid about sounding real here - even if that means some people stop reading me - vs. when I began blogging in 2011. So, if you don't want to answer the question about what you are most afraid of, how about this: What are you less afraid of now than you were four years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment