About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Sunday, January 4, 2015

One Nerd Leads To Another

"The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll Through The Hidden Connections Of The English Language (2011) is educational, funny and geeky - just my cup of tea.

I've already posted a comment on author Mark Forsyth's blog www.inkyfool.com which is just as smart, snarky and nerdy as his book. In turn, I'm hoping he'll take a peek at my yearly series about confounding words called "Can This Be Right?" and make an erudite, facetious and wonky comment.

Still, even if Forsyth ignores me, his book has convinced me to turn "Can This Be Right?" into a semiannual event. And Mark - just in case you're lurking around my tiny portion of cyberspace this very moment - I know I could have used "biannual" event. I may not be as bright or clever as you but I am every bit as dorky.

http://reflectionsfromthebellcurve.blogspot.com/2014/06/back-and-fourth-can-this-be-right.html

No comments:

Post a Comment