About Me

My photo
My most recent single release - "My True North" - is now available on Bandcamp. Open my profile and click on "audio clip".

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Continue - Stop - Start: 2015

Although it took almost three years, late in 2014, I finally got started on my original songs - with my daughter as vocalist - a project first committed to as the "start" component in the 2012 iteration of this stop-start-continue model. Only an unfortunate bagel-cutting accident a few days ago interfered with beginning the recording process. So...

In 2015 I will continue working on that project and I will also...

Stop looking at my blog stats at the end of each month. After almost four years, every three months is often enough. Need to reduce my solipsistic preoccupation with those numbers. Finally, I will...

Start the long range planning needed for our hike down the Grand Canyon, a trip that had to be postponed this past September.

Though several of you have shared offline with me your stop-start-continue plans since this series began in January 2012, why not challenge yourself further and go public? Added benefit: Your plans could well inspire others.

Let's all have a great year.

8 comments:

  1. I will start meditating every day and stop doubting myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous; Thanks for sharing; two very simple but useful actions. Now, what have you been doing that you will continue in 2015? That piece of the model is a way to acknowledge a success you're having and resolve to continue doing.

      Delete
  2. I will stop hiding the parts of myself that I am unsure of, allowing them to be expressed and seeing what the bring to my life.
    I will start living my life with courage, compassion and connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (again) David for reading & commenting. Good stop & start stuff. Now, what did you start doing recently that you'll continue? This is an important component of the model because it reminds us of progress we've already made. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok,Pat, here goes. I'gave it a shot in 2014 but didn't stick to it so in 2015, I'll start writing in my gratitude journal everyday. Stop looking in the mirror and seeing only the flaws and continue giving back through my volunteer efforts supporting women leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to stop interrupting my wife when she is talking.
    I'm to start my daily gratitude journal
    I'm going to continue using my megaphone on a daily basis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry & Lynn; Thanks for your comments. Remember: When you miss a day, forgive yourself; then get right back on the horse. A terrific yoga instructor shared with me her mantra which I have wholeheartedly adopted - "Begin, again." Good luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete